2022 Top Rated Fort Lauderdale Dental Implants Providers
Florida Board Certified and Licensed Dental Implants Dentist Serving Patients All Across Fort Lauderdale, FL
Receiving regular dental checkups and routine care is essential to maintaining the best oral health possible. However, because of dental phobia, many patients are nervous about visiting a dentist and put off getting routine dental care.
Dental phobia is not an uncommon occurrence. According to the Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation (DOCS Education), around 30 percent of the population steer clear of dentistry because of fear and anxiety. This anxiety may cause some to bypass important dental care, which can lead to serious oral health issues.
If you suffer from dental phobia, sedation dentistry is right for you. Many patients prefer it because it helps them relax while the dentist completes the treatment procedures that may have caused anxiety in the past.
Why IV Sedation Dentistry for Implants?
Intravenous (IV) sedation also known as twilight anesthesia is a safe, comfortable procedure ideal for patients with moderate to high levels of anxiety, heavy gag reflex and especially with those who have a phobia of dental injections and the drill.
the most common reason few why you should consider IV sedation is if If you suffer from a heavy gag reflex,
Why Having IV Sedation With Dental Implants
- Eliminates pain sensation
- Easy to administer
- Quickly eliminates anxiety
- Induces a state of relaxation
- Well tolerated by most patients
- Allows for multiple treatments in one visit
What Is The IV Sedation Process
Prior to your treatment, you'll receive medication through an intravenous line. This will place you in a calm, relaxed state. Even though you'll be sedated, you'll s
What happen After IV Sedation Dentistry the procedure:
- Someone should take you home. Once at home, rest for the remainder of the day.
- Avoid alcohol, and take medications only as directed.
- Avoid hazardous or strenuous activities. It's best not to eat a heavy meal immediately following your procedure.
- Avoid driving a motor vehicle for the rest of the day.
- If you encounter any issues or abnormalities, please call our office.
Regular dental visits are essential to make sure oral health problems — from tooth decay to oral cancer — are detected and treated in a timely manner. At our office, your oral health is our paramount concern. We want to make sure your teeth stay healthy, function well and look great! From regular cleanings and exams to advanced restorative treatments, all of your routine dental needs can be met right here.